Friday, January 6, 2012

Small Town Girl

It took me along time to figure out what I should title my blog. Most of my friends have really creative names, but I always have trouble coming up with stuff like that. I tried to think of things that described who I was or something that was unique to me. As you can tell I came up with Small Town Girl. Real original I know, but I really think that is describes who I am.


Top 10 of my class- all some of my very close friends
I have grown up in my same small town my whole life. I have lived in two different houses in this same small town. A lot of people in my town always talk about hating it and wanting to leave, but I never really mind it. When I began my college search I thought that I wanted to go far away from this small town. Soon though as I visited colleges further and further away I realized how much I would miss my small town and family. I think that is one of the main reasons why I chose to go to Trinity because of the smaller enrollment. I could never imagine going to a school with 40,000 people or where you are just a number especially after going to a small high school. I would not have had a chance for as many opportunities at school if I had gone to a larger high school either. 

Growing up on a farm meant getting to see cute little baby deer
Being so close to Chicago and visiting often also makes me realize that I can never imagine myself living somewhere other than a small town. Don't get me wrong I love to visit Chi-town, but I could never live there. Too many people and too little stars. I enjoy my quiet little house in the middle of nowhere with corn or beans (depending on the year) growing up around me. I love to be able to swim in the quarry on a hot summer day and ride in the tractor with my Mom or Grandpa. I loved being able to ride the four-wheeler or go-cart whenever I wanted to when I was younger. I love all the things that living in a small town brings. 

So there's the reason behind the name of my blog. A small town girl is what I am and will always be :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment