Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Let the good times roll.

This month was quite a winner. I had two cold days in a row after spending a wonderful Sunday at a bridal show with my friend Haley who I will be a bridesmaid for in August. Kristen, Haley, her mom, and two other family friends attended a bridal show in Indiana. It was my first bridal show and exciting to see all the different vendors that were there. Props to all my ladies planning a wedding! I did not realize truly how much planning and prep goes into them. Haley even ended up winning a free DJ :) 

On my first cold day I stayed in my PJs until noon. Talk about a win. I haven't done that in quite a long time. I made some valentine treats including chocolate covered pretzels, oreos, and EL fudge cookies. They were delicious. I even braved the cold and went over to Kristen's house. We drank tea and play some highly competitive games of Skipbo with her mom. Playing cards is something that happens quite often in that household and brings uncontrollable laughter. 

The second cold day I was able to spend with my mom. During college and high school whenever I would have a day off of even just on Saturdays we would have mother daughter days. Most of the time they including shopping and going out to lunch. Lately these days have turned more into going to the grocery store or running errands. No matter what it is I love the time I get to spend with my mom. We headed to Indiana to take on the cold.  We went to JoAnn Fabrics then to Red Robin for lunch followed by grocery shopping. It was quite a good way to spend the day off even if it was -2 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment