Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I need a calculator to add this up..."

This weekend I got to spend a lovely weekend at home! So here's the play by play of the weekend:

Friday: I didn't get to come home early in the day like I did the last 3 semester since I have world geography from 2:30-3:20. I spent the morning going to breakfast, working on a project, packing. I then got to go to lunch with the girls including Roch who I don't seem to see very often this semester. I then watched some Friday Night Lights and got a coffee before class. It had been snowing most of the day and I was a little nervous about the drive home. As I was going to class it did not seem to bad, but I kept looking out the window during class and it kept getting worse. I started to begin praying it would spot and I'd make it home safe. Luckily our professor let us out a little early. It was still snowing a decent amount, but I managed to make it home safely in just a little longer than normal. When I got home I spent some time just hanging out with my family and started on some laundry. I went to my old high school basketball game and got to see some old teachers and friends. They ended up winning by 3 in the last seconds of the game! It was awesome. I decided to head home after the game because it was pretty snowing outside and I wanted to be able to chill at home. I brought my brother and one of this friends home from the game. They told me some hilarious stories about their girl problems and high school drama. They are too funny! I seriously haven't laughed so long in awhile. It was nice to chill at home and I finished the last season of Friday Night Lights sooo sad :(

Saturday: Sleeping in my own bed is so awesome! I got to sleep in a little and then it was off to shopping. We ended up leaving at 10am so we had a full day of shopping ahead. This was a very successful shopping trip to say the least. I ended up finding so jeans (whoot whoot!), got 2 shirts for $3 each at Kohls. Such a bargain! I got some other necessary stuff also which is very important. We ate at Mancino's for  lunch which was really good! I haven't eaten there in a long time, great choice Mom! My brother didn't end up getting any winterball stuff, but I helped him pick out a new sweater. We got back pretty early so my mom and I started to work on  my math board. It turned out great if I say so myself! My Mom and her circut made it some easy! Greatest invention ever :) I'll try to post a picture when its completely finished. Then it was movie time! The Vow was soo good minus the ending! Channing was great and I didn't know it was based on "true events" haha. After the movie I was able to hang out with Kristen which was really nice. We had quite a bit to catch up on. We always seem to be able to pick up where we left off. I watched Moneyball with my parents that night. It was pretty good, although I ended up falling asleep at the end, oops. But if you like baseball I'd suggest watching. 

Sunday: The day of productivity! I went to church like normal and it was Kids Club Sunday. It was nice to see all the kids up there singing and reading God's word. It did make me feel super old though, seems like it was just yesterday I was up  there. Then we came home and it was time to get down to business. haha. We put the finishing touches on the math board. That is a huge relief to have done! Then my Mom and I did some baking. We made Valentine cookies. While we were making them my Mom started singing Adele and telling me Lady Gaga was talented as long as we didn't have to look at her. Oh boy she had be cracking up that's forsure. The cookies were hearts with pink frosting and sprinkles. They look and tasted great. I am bring some back to college for my roommates (come to Tib 22 before their all gone). Then we worked on hemming my new pair of jeans. I also helped my Mom fill out the Fafsa, which wasn't very fun but we got it done in record time. We even ended up working on designing my scrapbook cover. Scrapbooking is becoming so advanced these days! My dad even washed my car for me today. He is so sweet :) It was super dirty though from the snowstorm though and I was glad he offered to do it for me. We ended up playing Yatzee for awhile tonight and I won 2 out of 3 games. The game I didn't win my dad got 2 yatzees and was saying he need a calculator to add up his score. It made my Mom and I bust up laughing. hahaha. He's too funny sometimes. Finally I ended up folding my laundry and getting stuff ready to go back to school tomorrow. Now I am about ready to go to bed in my own bed for another night!

Overall I had an awesome weekend and it will be hard to head back to school tomorrow. I cherish the weekends I get to spend with my family and friends. They seem to go so fast and recharge me for the week ahead at school. I hope you all enjoy this very long and detailed post. Blessings :) 

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy your long and very detailed post :) And I'm excited to see you back at Trin!

    ReplyDelete