Thursday, April 3, 2014

Good company

I got back from Florida on Sunday at about 2pm after driving 18 hours straight through. I went to bed at about 8:30 if that tells you how I was feeling. I knew the week ahead was going to be a busy one. The following day I went from straight to school to an interview then to try on bridesmaids dresses and did not get back home till around 9pm. Tuesday I tutor, Wednesday I help with kids club at my church, and Friday I went straight from school to work till 11:30pm. I felt like the whole week I was rushing here and there and not catching up on sleep nearly as much as I wanted too.

In the middle of all this I was given the opportunity to visit one of my very good friends Sarah at her apt in Wisconsin. I debated about if I was going to make the trek to Wisconsin on Saturday or if I was going to stay back since the rest of the group would be heading up Friday night. I had been wanting to visit Sarah since she moved back in January and I simply could not pass up the opportunity! It was exactly what I needed after a busy week. 

I made great time to Wisconsin only taking about 2.5 hours to arrive at Sarah's doorstep. I got spend a lovely time with some of my favorite girls from Trinity at Collectivo Coffee catching up on our lives. Then they headed back to the Trinland. Sarah and I were able to explore Milwaukee and get a fabulous snack at the World Market. We spent time catching up on favorite show, making supper (more Sarah than I), watching Netflix (shout out to Zac- HSM 1 is a winner!)driving around and stopping at places we never entered, getting ice cream, and laughing a lot. I was also blessed to attend Sarah's church with her. I loved the service and the sermon really hit home for me. We got to enjoy a little brunch at a not so high class cafe also. Spending time with Sarah is always so natural after living with her for a year. We have so many inside jokes and could talk for hours. I am so thankful for her wonderful company and hospitably to me this past weekend. She is a gem! 



Keep doing what you're doing Sarah :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment